LightSys2 can be installed in a variety of different ways:
- conventional wiring
- RISCO BUS wiring*
* The RISCO BUS allows for simplified wiring; a 4 core cable can be used to control an entire system.
You can add up to 32 devices to the system using any combination of wire and wireless connections. This means the LightSys2 is an ideal upgrade for older systems as existing devices can be re-deployed.
- Up to 32 devices can be added to the system
- You can purchase detectors for:
- speech and audio devices
- Any combination of wired and wireless connections
- Can be controlled via your Smartphone
- 14 different programs to control lights, gates, smoke machines, domestic appliances etc.
- includes the ability to program scripts to perform defined tasks in specific circumstances
- automated messsaging – text, email, telephone call etc.
Supply & Fit – £389 plus VAT
Despite the sophistication and upgrade flexibility of the LightSys2 system, it costs no more to install the basic version than it does to install the earlier Risco 600 system!
I will supply and install a full system for £389 plus VAT.
What You Get
- An initial consultation with you to establish your needs
- A wired or wireless or combination intruder alarm system
- A control panel (usually hidden in a cupboard somewhere)
- A fixed keypad to operate the system (usually located in your hallway)
- A 32 zone wireless receiver
- A bell box (fitted high on an outside wall of your property)
- Note that the keypad and the bell box both need to be wired in. Although there are completely wireless systems on the market, I don’t recommend them due to their excessive power consumption
- If you would like a more detailed explanation as to why I don’t normally go near completely wireless systems, we can discuss the matter in our initial consultation
- Two (2) standard detection devices (sensors) of your choice*
Extra devices (sensors) can be fitted at a cost of £55 plus VAT each
- Some types of alarm such as panic buttons, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are priced separately; I can discuss with you when we meet
- Note that it is significantly cheaper to install new ‘wired’ devices if I can make use of existing wiring: the price of such devices can be as little as £20Example: you might want to replace sensors which have been spattered with paint as a result of re-decoratingI am always very fair with my pricing and will always do my best to keep the cost to you as low as I possibly can
- I come along to install the system in your house
- I remain responsible at all times for all decision-making and for the quality of the work I perform
* Detection Devices (Sensors)
There are various types of detection device (sensor) available. Which one is best for you very much depends on the property and considerations such as whether you have young children, older children or pets. The pros and cons of the different types of sensor really need to be discussed with you on an individual basis.
Generally speaking, the most common types of sensors are:
- Movement sensors which are used to protect rooms
- Wired or wireless door contacts
- Vibration sensors which are used on windows or doors
- Panic buttons, for summoning aid
- Smoke alarms
- Carbon monoxide alarms
Extras – Controlling The System
If you want to use the App to control the system, I recommend connection through an IP module. This plugs the LightSys2 system directly into your broadband router and enables email communications. The cost of this is £90.
If you prefer to connect using mobile communications, you can buy a GSM module for £140 plus VAT but it is then necessary to maintain an active SIM at additional cost.
Please feel free to contact me or call me on for a no-obligation home survey and consultation.
I take the time to look at your home properly before I start work. Just like you, I hate to see wires everywhere. Over the years, I have developed many ingenious techniques for hiding them. I believe that taking the time and trouble to get it right from the start results in less trouble for me in the long term and a higher degree of satisfaction for you overall.